IQ City Medical College was established in 2013, with the first batch of MBBS students beginning their journey to become doctors in August – September that year. We have moved on since then, and the same batch of students is due to take their FINAL MBBS (Part 2) examinations in December this year.
In the 1st Professional MBBS examinations held in our college in 2014, our first batch produced a sum total of 23 Honours! Mousikha Kundu bagged honours in all 3 subjects of Anatomy, Physiology & Biochemistry. Ishani Roy, Keya Choudhury, Piyali Sarkar, Soham Patra and Trina Manna returned honours in 2 subjects each.
In the subsequent 2015 examinations of 1st Professional MBBS, a record 35 honours were bagged by the students. Jeevan KB and Abhishek Roy obtained honours in all 3 subjects of Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry. Chandrima Munshi, Ankita Ghosh and Nidhi Agarwal got honours in 2 subjects each.
Students of the 2015 batch appeared for 1st Professional MBBS examinations in 2016 and secured 21 honours in all. Kiu Mondal and Navoneel Debnath were awarded honours in all the 3 subjects of the examination. Adrija Banerjee, Susayan Konar, Vaibhav Kapoor, Mirza Md Arifin and Ranit Chakravarty were honoured in 2 subjects each.
Navoneel Debnath was the University Topper in Biochemistry in 2016.
The 2nd Professional MBBS examinations: December 2015 – January 2016. In all 12 honours were secured by our students of 2013 batch. Pialy Sarkar achieved a miracle by clinching honours in all the 4 subjects of Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology. Moushika Kundu, Sayani Dan, Shrimoyee Chakravarty and Trina Manna bagged honours in 2 subjects each.
2 students of our second batch (batch of 2014), namely Ankita Ghosh and Trishla Shah, achieved honours in all the four subjects in the latest 2nd Professional MBBS examinations of 2017. Chandrima Munshi, Abhishek Roy, Antarleena ray, Maitree Basu, Sneha Banerjee and Vrinda Agarwal got 2 honours each in the same examinations.
NTS scholarships awarded by the prestigious Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR):
Shreemedha Choudhury, Aparna Tiwary and Aashna Siraj & Aritra Paul of the 2013 batch as well as Isha Ghosh of 2014 batch have bagged the scholarships.
In the field of Sports: The college football team were Runners-up in tournaments held at NSHM, Durgapur and SSKM Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata.
- Student presentation and awards at National and State level academic meets and conferences:Bimlesh Prasad, Sushmita Saha, Sreemedha Choudhury and Zain Fateh of 2013 batch came FIRST in a poster presentation competition organised on 9th and 10th of February 2015, in the International Students’ Meet on Public Health (ISMOPH 2015) held during World Congress of Public Health held in Kolkata from 11th to 15th February 2015. Their project was titled “Socio-demographic profile and prevalence of Anthropometric Failure”.
- Soham Patra, Sohini Chaki, Sandip Saha and Sayantani Pahari of the same batch also participated in the ISMOPH 2015 and presented a project titled “Socio-demographic prevalance of early marriage among the ever married women of Kantaberia Village, Durgapur, West Bengal”, which was highly appreciated.
- Bimlesh Prasad and Soham Patra of the 2013 batch again won the prize for a poster competition held during International Conference on “Combating Anti-Microbial Resistance (AMR) – Public Health Challenges and Priorities”, organised jointly by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of India and the World Health Organisation (WHO) in New Delhi, 23-25 February 2016. Their poster topic was “AMR Containment in Bacteria”.
- Soham Patra alongwith Sneha Barman stood FIRST in case report poster at Shri Ramchandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai during EQUINOX 2016, 4th to 6th August 2016. They presented “A case of recurrent encephalopathy- is it organic academia?”
- Aparna Tewari of 2013 batch represented the college in IPHACON 2017 at Jodhpur from 24th to 26th February 2017 and presented an e- poster titled “Near miss obstetric events and its clinico-social co-relates in a secondary referral unit of Burdwan district, West Bengal”, which was highly appreciated and acclaimed. She also participated in the All India undergraduate quiz contest organised at IPHACON and got the 3rd prize in the event.
- Russoti Das, Isha Ghosh and Chandrima Munshi, all of 2014 batch, clinched the second prize in the IAPSM Quiz organised on the occasion of World Health Day 2016 at IPGMER, Kolkata, in which all Medical Colleges of West Bengal participated.
- Isha Ghosh and Nikhil Gupta of 2014 batch secured 3rd prize in quiz organised by Indian Pharmacological Society, West Bengal Chapter, at Kalyani.