The Surgery Department of IQ City Medical College & Narayana Multispecialty Hospital started functioning from the year 2013. The Surgery Department has got very experienced senior faculty comprising of professors and associate professors.
The HOD of this department, Prof. Dr. Basudev Sil is an academician and was HOD of General Surgery department of PGIMER (SSKM), Kolkata.
Since its beginning in the year 2013, the department of General Surgery has recorded steady rise in number of operations being done here. Both open and laparoscopic surgeries are done on regular basis and in large number.
The Surgery department is tackling with complicated cases and providing emergency services to the people of this region. Many cases are referred to this hospital on regular basis for tertiary care of patients. Presently, Surgery clinical classes and theory classes as well as tutorial classes are being held for M.B.B.S students as a part of teaching curriculum of this medical college & hospital.
In future, with increasing capacity of this department and hospital post – graduate teaching (M.S. course) will be introduced in this college & Hospital after fulfilling the requirements as per MCI norms.
- To achieve excellence in the field of Medical Education through proper teaching and practical training.
- To develop the various surgical – super speciality departments with the help of Surgery
- To organise seminars, workshops and conferences in our department and in this institute.
- Interactive sessions with other medical colleges & hospital to augment teaching.
- To encourage students to participate in various teaching and non-teaching curriculum.
- To develop the institute with the objective of establishing it as a premier postgraduate institute in near future.