Rendering the patient insensitive to pain while monitoring and maintaining vital organ functions during surgical procedures remain the main professional aim of an Anaesthesiologist
Our faculty members conduct average 20-30 cases in ,OT manage around 15 critical patients in ICUs on any given day, performing or directing approx. 30,000 Anesthetic procedures in the course of a year including remote places like MRI. The Pain clinic takes care of patients with acute and chronic pain.
The Department of Anesthesiology teaching Program trains 150 Anesthesiology students Medical and paramedical students are provided with BLS and ACLS trainings on regular basis.
The department’s research efforts involve lots of faculty, residents, and staff in basic science and clinical research efforts.Many of our faculty members are involved in clinical research, interesting and unusual case studies. The Technology in Anesthesia and Critical Care Group focuses attention on biomedical devices and includes faculty from the School of Engineering and Applied Science as well as the School of Medicine.
In a nutshell amongst the specialized services provided by the Anesthesiology Department are:
• Administration of anesthesia in all subspecialties
• Preoperative medical evaluations
• Perioperative pain management
• Critical care
• Management of acute and chronic pain
• Diagnosis of acute and chronic pain syndromes
• Injections and nerve blocks
• Out door Anaesthesia
• Spinal-infusion systems
• Obstetrical analgesia and anesthesia
• Neonatal and Paediatric Anesthesia
• Academics, Trainings, classes and seminars.